Welcome to the Dumfries Cycling Club web-site.
We are a long established club of over 60 members whose activities range through road racing, sportives, audax, reliability rides and time trialling. Beginning in the Spring, the club organise a full calendar of time trials and road races. Many of our members participate in sportives and are happy to share travelling to these events. You are welcome to join us for our regular club runs (usually between 40 - 50 miles) on a Saturday morning where all abilities are catered for. Routes are set in advance and displayed on this web-site with updates and advance notices on the Dumfries CC Forum.
During the winter months we organise longer Winter Runs. Check this site and our forum for details.
| News - updated Tuesday 18th June 2013
- Committee meeting 1900 Thursday 22nd June in the resource room at the David Keswick Centre.
- Former DCC member Tim Clark is attempting to break the record time for riding from Lands End to John O'Groats and back again. He expects to pass through D&G on the B7076 from about 5.00pm on the 24th June. If any of the Club wish to ride with him to give their support that would be great. You can find out more via Tim's website www.lejogle2013.co.uk.
- An updated 18/25 mile TT league has been posted on the Race / TT Results 2013 page along with the results of the 29th May Park Farm TT. Despite DNFing, Brian Young remains top of the mens and vets 18/25 tables with Gill McNeil top lady.
- This year's Solway Sportive was a big success. Well done to everyone who took part and thanks to everyone who helped out with the event. The event results are available on the Solway Sportive / Results 2013 page of this site. Photographs can be found at SportivePhoto.com.
- Results and an updated 10 mile league table can be found on the Race / TT Results 2013 page of this site following Wednesday's Lockerbie TT (15/05).
- An updated 2013 Dumfries CC events list is now available on our Race / TT page. Please note the days that you are down to help with events as this has been reworked to account for people no longer taking part in the events.
- Alec Barclay is looking to assemble a fresh order with Endura for club kit. Can you please get in touch with Alec if there is anything that you would like to buy. Please bear in mind that the orders do take a little while to come through so it may be worth considering your requirements for next winter. Alec will publish his current stock list on the DCC forum in the near future.
- Speed training sessions are each Monday through the summer. Meet at Halfords car park at 6pm on Monday. As with last year, depending on numbers and fitness levels, we will break into groups. We have had a good turnout so far this year enabling three groups to be formed.
- Entries are now open for the Solway Sportive through SiEntries. Alternatively, an entry form can be printed form the DCC Solway Sportive page and posted in to Betty Howard, the event organiser.
- The local Scripture Union are organising a TLI race on June 27th called the Kingholm Dash. For details of this event, see the TLI web-site.
- Sleepless 'til Seattle, an illustrated adventure talk 2 Scots - 2 bicycles - 4,000 miles, will be given at Dumfries Theatre Royal on Saturday 22nd June at 7.30pm. Scottish adventure cyclists Graham Kitchener and Pauline Symaniak tell the story of their epic 4,000 mile pedal across North America with film clips and photos of the people, landscapes, wild weather and bears! A minute and a half trailer for their feature film can be found on youtube as follows: you tube clip